A couple of weeks ago, we at Whisky For Everyone celebrated our fifth birthday (more to come on that shortly, by the way). In the latest part of our celebrations, we are delighted to be teaming up with Inverhouse Distillers for a competition - we have a bottle of the very limited Speyburn Clan Cask to give to one lucky reader. The Clan Cask was distilled in 1975 and is one of the oldest expressions of Speyburn ever released.
The whisky is from a single specially selected ex-Pedro Ximinez sherry cask and is bottled at the natural cask strength of 55.8% ABV. It is available exclusively to members of the Clan Speyburn - existing members can purchase it via a special link, which has already been sent out, while any new members will receive this link shortly after signing up. The 1975 Clan Cask is delicious and we have sampled it - click here to read our review.
A bottle costs £230, so you are going to have to do a bit of work to win it ... To this end, we have designed a simple 'pub quiz' that will involve three rounds of questions. The three rounds will appear over the next few days. You will need to be a registered member of the Clan Speyburn (if you aren't, then you can sign up for free by clicking here) and living in the UK to enter. Terms & Conditions are below and please keep your answers until the final round - then email all of them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Round One - Facts about Speyburn
- In which year did the first spirit flow from the stills of Speyburn?
- Which architect designed the distillery?
- Name the three expressions in Speyburn's current single malt range?
- What is the name of the Clan Speyburn members newsletter?
Terms & conditions
- You must be aged 18 years or above to take part.
- You must be resident in the UK.
- You must be a registered member of the Clan Speyburn to enter.
- Only one entry per email address will be accepted in to the prize draw.
- The closing date for the survey is 20:00 BST on Saturday 13 April 2013. Any entries after this time cannot and will not be considered.
- The winners will be drawn and notified shortly after the closing time. At this point, the winner will be required to give a postal address for delivery of the whisky. If the winner is not above 18 years of age or not a UK resident, then an alternative winner will be drawn.
- The decision, in the event of a tie, will be made between Whisky For Everyone and a representative for Inverhouse Distillers. The decision is final, once drawn.
- The winner will receive one bottle of Speyburn 1975 Clan Cask single malt whisky.
- No cash alternative will be offered as a prize.
- By entering, you are allowing Whisky For Everyone to publish your winning answers. You will be required to send us a photo of yourself with the winning bottle once received for publication.
- Any personal information supplied is for the sole purpose of the prize draw.
Round Two will appear tomorrow and Round Three will appear on Thursday. Good luck and have fun ...