Within Inbox we aim to write a few lines detailing each press release/piece of news/PR event that we have received and provide links, where possible, for you to find out further information. Here is this week's news that caught our eyes ...
The island distillery of Arran have announced the second whisky in their limited edition Smuggler's Series, which has been named The High Seas. The series, which pays homage to the many illicit distillers that were present on the island, was first launched last year and the packaging reflects this. The box mimics a book with a bottle cut out inside. The High Seas sees Arran's peated malt matured in a combination of ex-bourbon and ex-rum casks. It is bottled at 55.4% ABV and there are just 8,700 bottles. They will be available through specialist whisky retailers at a cost of £87 a bottle.
The UK best selling Scotch whisky has announced the return of its iconic Christmas advert. The long running series was scrapped a couple of years ago but made a triumphant return during key TV advert slots this week. There will be a series of different adverts that pull on the key characteristics of the whisky. The first advert, entitled Perfectly Balanced, is below.
The east Highland distillery of Glendronach has revealed the details of it latest batch of single cask bottlings. This is the 14th batch of the cult series and sees a variety of cask types and ages released. These have been selected by Billy Walker, the Master Distiller of Glendronach.
The oldest is a 30 years old that was distilled in December 1985 and the youngest is a 12 years old that was distilled in January 2004. All are of natural colour and bottled at the natural cask strength. Details of each release is below. No pricing was supplied with the press release.
- 1985 cask # 1037 / 30 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 52.3% vol
- 1989 cask # 2662 / 26 years old / Oloroso Sherry Butt / 54.8% vol
- 1990 cask # 2973 / 26 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 50.8% vol
- 1991 cask # 2683 / 24 years old / Oloroso Sherry Butt / 49.2% vol
- 1992 cask # 226 / 24 years old / Oloroso Sherry Butt / 58.4% vol
- 1993 cask # 42 / 23 years old / Oloroso Sherry Butt / 58.6% vol
- 1994 cask # 339 / 21 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 53.0% vol
- 1995 cask # 543 / 20 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 54.6% vol
- 1996 cask # 1485 / 20 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 53.0% vol
- 2002 cask # 1504 / 14 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 55.5% vol
- 2003 cask # 4034 / 13 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 52.5% vol
- 2004 cask # 5523 / 12 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 58.3% vol