Welcome to Inbox, our weekly round up of whisky news and PR material that has found its way in to our WFE email. It was created as we cannot write full articles or do justice to every piece received. It features items from around the world of whisky and is published by us each Friday. Within Inbox we aim to write a few lines detailing each press release/piece of news/PR event that we have received and provide links, where possible, for you to find out further information.
Here is the round-up of the news from this week.
The Speyside distillery of Glen Moray has announced a new permanent addition to their core range - the Glen Moray Twisted Vine. The whisky has been matured in ex-Cognac casks made from French oak and is the latest release from the distillery to be from an 'unorthodox cask type', something that Glen Moray has a reputation for. The packaging shows a gnarled vine with golden grapes against a blue background. The new single malt is supported by an advert campaign and bar activations in four UK cities. Glen Moray Twisted Vine is bottled at 40% ABV and will be initially available in UK specialist retailers and selected markets. A bottle will cost £28/ $US35.
The Lowland distillery of Lochlea has launched its inaugural cask strength single malt. Lochlea Cask Strength Batch 1 has been aged in first-fill ex-bourbon and ex-Oloroso sherry casks in a ratio of 70:30. These were selected by John Campbell, the Master Blender at Lochlea. All barley used to make Lochlea is grown on the Ayrshire farm where the distillery is located making it a true grain-to-glass operation. The Lochlea Cask Strength Batch 1 is bottled at 60.1% ABV and is both non chill-filtered and of natural colour. It is launched on May 31 and will be available through selected specialist retailers in selected global markets. A bottle will cost £65.
"Our Cask Strength Batch 1 enables our quality to shine through in every dram, showing an amplified version of our signature Lochlea style for those whisky-lovers looking for a bold, yet elegant spirit made with a contemporary approach alongside respected traditions."John Campbell.
Milroy's, the oldest independent whisky specialist retailer in London, has announced the release of the inaugural batch of bottlings in their new Soho Selection of single casks. The news comes ahead of Milroy's celebrating its 60th anniversary next year. Each whisky is bottled to give complete transparency on the cask maturation journey. Each is non chill-filtered and of natural colour. They will be available exclusively from Milroy's in London and via www.milroys.co.uk. Details of the five casks are below :
- Ben Nevis 7 years old/ Re-fill ex-bourbon cask/ 57.1% ABV/ 353 bottles/ £99.95
- Ben Nevis 10 years old/ First-fill French oak ex-Oloroso sherry hogshead, re-racked from re-fill ex-bourbon hogshead/ 57.1% ABV/ 278 bottles/ £99.95
- Caol Ila 14 years old/ First-fill ex-Palo Cortado sherry octave cask, re-racked from re-fill ex-bourbon hogshead/ 53.8% ABV/ 60 bottles/ £129.95
- Glentauchers 12 years old/ First-fill ex-Manzanilla sherry hogshead, re-racked from re-fill ex-bourbon hogshead/ 56.3% ABV/ 251 bottles/ £119.95
- Speyside Distillery 23 years old/ First-fill ex-fortified South African wine butt/ 56.8% ABV/ 300 bottles/ £99.95
The independent bottlers, distillers and blenders of Mossburn have announced four new cask single malt releases. The Vintage Casks 2023 Edition were carefully sourced from four of Scotland's lesser known single malt distilleries and were curated by Neil Macleod Mathieson, the Master Blender for Mossburn. All are non chill-filtered and of natural colour. They will be available in selected specialist whisky retailers globally. Details of the four casks are below :
- Benrinnes/ Vintage Casks No.31/ 14 years old/ Moscatel Finish/ 54.9% ABV/ 1,800 bottles/ £75
- Teaninich/ Vintage Casks No.32/ 13 years old/ Red Wine Finish/ 56.2% ABV/ 1,900 bottles/ £77
- Blair Athol/ Vintage Casks No.33/ 12 years old/ Bourbon Cask/ 54.5% ABV/ 1,900 bottles/ £75
- Strathmill/ Vintage Casks No.34/ 12 years old/ Virgin European Oak/ 46% ABV/ 1,700 bottles/ £65
Get Social With Us
Follow us for regular whisky updates and activities throughout the week.
- Facebook - whiskyforeveryone
- Instagram - whisky4everyone
- Twitter - whisky4everyone
- YouTube - WhiskyForEveryone
Post a Comment