Welcome to Inbox, our weekly round up of whisky news and PR material that has found its way in to our WFE email. It was created as we cannot write full articles or do justice to every piece received. It features items from around the world of whisky and is published by us each Friday.
Within Inbox we aim to write a few lines detailing each press release/piece of news/PR event that we have received and provide links, where possible, for you to find out further information. This is the news that has grabbed our attention this week.
After an initial release in America last year, the whiskies are now due for release in the UK and Europe from mid-February. Many retailers are now taking pre-orders. Details of the eight bottlings are listed below.
- House Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old - £38 (40% ABV)
- House Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve - £48 (45.8% ABV)
- House Lannister – Lagavulin 9 Year Old - £65 (46% ABV)
- House Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost - £48 (43% ABV)
- House Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve - £48 (40% ABV)
- House Tully – Singleton of Glendullan Select - £38 (40% ABV)
- House Tyrell – Clynelish Reserve - £48 (51.2% ABV)
- The Night’s Watch – Oban Bay Reserve - £65 (43% ABV)
Six of the whiskies have been specially created for the collection, with the exceptions being the Cardhu and Royal Lochnagar expressions - these are the whiskies that are regularly on sale but have been repackaged for this.
The American whiskey brand of Old Forester has announced a straight rye expression to join its bourbon range. The whiskey has been created by Chris Morris, the Master Distiller for Old Forester, and Jackie Zykan, the Master Taster for owners Brown-Forman. It has been inspired by an old recipe for Normandy Rye whiskey and has a mash bill of 65% rye, 20% malted barley and 15% corn.
Old Forester Rye has been bottled at 50% ABV (100 Proof) and will be available across the USA from the beginning of February. Details for other markets will follow. A bottle will retail at $23.
Get Social With Us
Follow us for regular news updates throughout the week.