Please note - this competition is now closed and we will be announcing the winner shortly.
We are delighted to announce that we have teamed up with Douglas Laing & Co, one of Scotland's leading independent whisky bottlers, to offer you the opportunity to win a bottle of Scallywag, their new blended malt. The Scallywag will be made in small batches and use only Speyside single malts - amongst those named are Glenrothes, Macallan and Mortlach, although more have been used. It is bottled at 46% ABV, is non-chill filtered and of natural colour.
The packaging has been inspired by the long line of Fox Terriers that have been owned by the Laing family. The breed is known for being sweet and affectionate yet mischievous, hence the name. The fun nature of the brand and packaging follows a similar line to the Scallywag's stablemate vatted malt of Big Peat, which sees the popular bearded character adorning the bottle and all manner of other related merchandise.
Sadly Binks, the dog that inspired the name and packaging, died as the Scallywag whisky was about to be launched and Cara Laing (the Head of Brand Marketing at Douglas Laing & Co) posted the lovely photo above of her and Binks on Facebook as a tribute. This got us thinking and has inspired us for the competition, which is very simple ...
Send us the favourite photo of your current dog or a previous dog that you have owned.
Email the image to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is this Saturday (November 23) evening at 8pm GMT. Ourselves and Cara will then pick our favourite and the winner will be notified and sent a 70cl bottle of Scallywag shortly afterwards. To kick things off Cara has supplied one of her favourite photos of Binks, who seemed to have a particular liking for ice cream! Full T&Cs are below.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing your photos.
Terms & conditions
- You must be aged 18 years or above to take part.
- You must be resident in the UK or EU. Sorry to everyone else.
- Only one entry per email address will be accepted in to the prize draw.
- The closing date for the survey is 20:00 GMT on Saturday 23 November 2013. Any entries after this time will not be considered.
- The winners will be drawn and notified shortly after the closing time. At this point, the winner will be required to give a postal address for delivery of the whisky. If the winner is not above 18 years of age or not a UK or EU resident, then an alternative winner will be drawn.
- The decision will be made between Whisky For Everyone and Cara Laing of Douglas Laing & Co. The decision is final, once drawn.
- The winner will receive a 70cl bottle of Scallywag blended malt whisky.
- No cash alternative will be offered as a prize.
- By entering, you are allowing Whisky For Everyone to publish your winning image.
- Any personal information supplied is for the sole purpose of the prize draw.