Welcome to Inbox, our weekly round up of whisky news and PR material that has found its way in to our WFE email. It was created as we cannot write full articles or do justice to every piece received. It features items from around the world of whisky and is published by us each Friday. Within Inbox we aim to write a few lines detailing each press release/piece of news/PR event that we have received and provide links, where possible, for you to find out further information.
Here is the round-up of this week's news ...
The west London distillery of Bimber have announced a series of single cask bottlings destined for different international markets. The first 14 casks in the Bimber Country Collection 2021 are being released now, with the remaining 10 coming later in the year. The collection is designed to cater for the increasing demand for the brand globally and is said to 'explore the flavour possibilities of cask experimentation with our traditional spirit'. Details of the 14 initial casks in the Bimber Country Collection 2021 are listed below. No details of price was given.
- Cask #182 / ex-bourbon / 58.5% ABV / Austria
- Cask #194 / ex-bourbon / 58.4% ABV / Belgium
- Cask #150 / ex-bourbon / 59.5% ABV / China
- Cask #254 / ex-rye whiskey / 58.5% ABV / Denmark
- Cask #30 / ex-Ruby Port / 58.9% ABV / France
- Cask #104 / ex-bourbon / 59.7% ABV / Germany
- Cask #47 / ex-Ruby Port / 58.7% ABV / Hong Kong
- Cask #101/7 / Pedro Ximenez finish / 57.4% ABV / Japan
- Cask #224 / ex-rye whiskey / 58.2% ABV / Netherlands
- Cask #29 / ex-Ruby Port / 58.7% ABV / Poland
- Cask #102/8 / Pedro Ximenez finish / 57.6% ABV / South Africa
- Cask #178 / ex-bourbon / 58.1% ABV / South Africa
- Cask #205 / ex-bourbon / 58.6% ABV / Switzerland
- Cask #105/4 / Madeira finish / 57.7% ABV / Taiwan
The Lakes distillery have teamed up with online retailer Master of Malt to release an exclusive limited edition single malt - the Lakes Whiskymaker's Edition 'Mirimar'. The special edition has been matured in ex-bourbon barrels and ex-Port pipes, which were then married together to produce Mirimar. It is the second such bottling from the English distillery following a similar limited edition for retailer Harvey Nichols. Mirimar is bottled at 54% ABV and is both non chill-filtered and of natural colour. There are just 600 bottles and it will be available via Master of Malt until sold out. A bottle will cost £83.